WRK505 - Introduction to Building PowerApps for SharePoint Users
Wes Preston MVP
PowerApps is a service for building and using custom business apps, forms, and flexible connections to data. It is Microsoft’s successor to InfoPath and brings modern forms capabilities to dozens of data services with O365 and SharePoint at the top of the list. PowerApps also address business’ demand for mobile apps by creating solutions that work on a variety of devices.
Come and learn what SharePoint users need to know about PowerApps. See how PowerApps can replace customizations previously done in SharePoint Designer by power-users or with JS Link or other client-side customizations by Developers. Walk through a variety of scenarios where PowerApps extends or integrates with SharePoint. While PowerApps can interact with the newest on-prem environments, we’ll be focusing on SharePoint Online and O365.
• Replace existing SharePoint forms with embedded PowerApps forms
• Connect PowerApps to SharePoint list data
• Create PowerApps from SharePoint data
• Configure PowerApps by changing formatting, adding conditional formatting, adding validation, using rules, and extending the user experience with what SharePoint out of the box has to offer
• Explore PowerApps capabilities and options
• Discuss business solutions and approaches using PowerApps and SharePoint
Note: PowerApps integrates directly with SharePoint Online and can also be used with on-premises SharePoint 2013 and 2016 with gateways installed.