A Beginner’s Guide to Power BI for SharePoint Users
December 4, 2020 - 12:30 pm - 4:30 pm ET
NOTE: YOU WILL NEED A COMPUTER WITH THE LATEST VERSION OF POWER BI DESKTOP INSTALLED PRIOR TO WORKSHOP TIME. THIS IS A HANDS ON WORKSHOP.
Need to create stunning dashboards from your SharePoint data?
Yes you do!
In this workshop, we’ll show you:
• How should I approach my BI need?
• What things should be considered when creating dashboards?
• What are the best practices?
• How much is this going to cost me to license?
• What security aspects should concern me?
Who should take this course:
If your company uses Office 365 or SharePoint 2013/2016 and you are a:
• Business Analyst
• Power User
• SharePoint Administrator
If you work in these areas, you will see value:
• Information Technology
• Social Media
The class assumes no prior knowledge of Power BI and Data Concepts.
What is required for this class:
Install Microsoft Power BI Desktop on your laptop (recommended but not required)
We'll provide an Office 365 site for you to use for exercises
In this workshop you will:
• Learn how to create Production Dashboards using Power BI, from SharePoint list and document library data
• How to use Power BI in a multitude of situations, including ad hoc analysis and the creation of formal dashboard.
• Learn the Power BI components: Power BI Desktop, PowerBI.com, Power BI mobile applications and how they can be used with Office 365 and SharePoint
• Receive an introduction into the core functions of Power BI; Data extraction, loading and transformation using Power Query Formula Language (“M”) and DAX.
• Receive some guidelines on how to extract Project data in fast manner.
• Discover some data modeling practices that will ensure you have maximum flexibility in analysis. You'll also learn some visualization best practices to ensure you can tell your digital story effectively
• Learn best practices for maintaining content with your organization
This workshop provides an end to end view of Power BI for Project reporting, so that you are able to use Power BI immediately for your needs.